Frequently Asked Questions!
How old do you have to be to take lessons?
Voice/Piano/Ukulele Lessons: 5 years old
Guitar/Bass/Drums: 7 years old
(This is only an estimate. Every child is unique. Feel free to contact us if you feel your child is ready for lessons!)
Are your lessons only for kids?
No! We have many adult students that take lessons. Whether you are a total beginner or you’re looking to brush up on an instrument you played many years ago, we will create the perfect lesson plan for you. It’s never too late to experience the joy of learning an instrument!
Do you teach private or group lessons?
We offer both! Although most of our lessons are 1 on 1, we do also offer several group classes. Check out the classes page for more info!
How long of a lesson should I take?
Most new students take 30 minute weekly lessons. However, after you’ve got the basics under your belt, you may want to increase your lesson time to allow for greater discussion on more advanced topics. Regardless, you will still leave each lesson with plenty of material to work on each week.
Do you offer recitals?
Yes! We put on a Spring and Winter recital where students can showcase their talents and abilities. We also offer “Open Mic Nights” and other more casual performance opportunities several times a year. Nothing beats a live performance for your family and friends!
Why Choose Strum University?
- Personalized Service: Need help picking out that first guitar? Practicing during the week and get stuck? We are here to help you on your musical journey!
- Learn from the Pros: Every instructor in our studio is a professional musician, with a true passion for teaching and sharing their love of music.
- Real “Gig” Like Performances: No stuffy piano recitals here. At least twice a year, we offer a student showcase at an exciting venue for all your friends and family to attend.
- Rock Band Classes & More: Getting tired of playing by yourself in your bedroom? Are you ready to join a band, but don’t know how or where to go? We offer a structured and educational setting where we form real bands and prepare for real gigs. We also offer several other group classes on guitar and other topics.
- Student Longevity: Our average student stays with us for over 2 years!
- The First Lesson is always FREE!: You have absolutely nothing to lose. Let us help you take your musical abilities to the next level. Contact us today to schedule!