Article by Derek Cannon These days, you no longer have to tour the world or…
Why and How to Create a Performing Arts Studio at Home
Article by Derek Cannon
If your child practices music or is showing an interest in starting, what better way to support their endeavor than to make space in your home for them to practice? Or perhaps you’re the one who wants to practice your guitar or drums. Either way, setting up a multipurpose room in your home that can function as a performing arts studio can help you grow your practice without the need to leave your property.
If you’re interested in creating such a space in your home, the information and resources below can help you get a solid start:
Why Put in a Studio?
There are several benefits to putting a performing arts studio in your home.
- A space for practice means your children can enjoy all the benefits that come with practicing performing arts.
- And if you play music, sing, or dance yourself, there are plenty of benefits in store for you, too!
- By designing your studio to be a multipurpose room, you can consider it an investment in your home.
- You can use your multipurpose room for many things, such as a home office, craft and hobby room, or study room.
Where to Put Your Studio
Finding the right location for your studio is key.
- One of the most practical places to create a multipurpose studio is in the garage.
- The basement is another great location for a multipurpose studio.
- If you have a spare bedroom, that could also work well for your multipurpose studio.
- Be sure to budget for your project; for example, garage conversions average $13,265.
How to Maintain Your Studio
Once you have your studio all set up, it’s important to keep it clean and well-maintained.
- Organizing your studio/multipurpose room ensures that it remains attractive and it will better allow whoever uses it to enjoy it.
- You will also want to deep clean it every now and then.
- There are a number of DIY-friendly cleaning products you can make at home that will help keep your studio and the surrounding living spaces safe and clean.
Why not invest in your child’s (or your) performing arts practice? Not only will making a multipurpose studio yield a slew of overall health benefits, but it can also increase your home’s value and appeal. Just choose the right spot for it and be sure to maintain the space, and you’ll be well on your way to fostering performing arts in your home!